VIPERS SWIM TEAM
ASSISTANT SWIM COACH
The Vipers is our competitive youth swim team that trains in VBGCQ’s indoor swimming pool in Astoria, Queens. Joining the swim team is a great way to develop goal-setting skills, teamwork, good sportsmanship and hard work.
Tryouts are rolling and children are placed on Varsity or Junior Varsity based on skill level.
We compete twice a month in the Metro Dynasty league. Vipers have qualified for Junior Olympics and other national meets. For more information or to schedule a try-out, please email our coaches.
JUNIOR VARSITY TEAM
● 4-weekly practices; 1-hour workouts
● Monday - Thursday: 4:30-5:30pm
● Intermediate knowledge of the four racing strokes (butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke & freestyle).
● Ability to swim each stroke with proper technique
● 6-weekly practices; 2-hour workouts
● Monday through Thursday: 5:30-7:30pm
● Saturday: 8-10am
● Extensive knowledge of the four racing strokes (butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke & freestyle).
● Advanced ability to swim each stroke for 100 yards